My Reply follows quote. On 18/08/2003 17:00 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
said:

>To all who sent me excellent suggestions, I'm happy to say that my 180
>is working now. I was using the wrong power adapter. I guess it wasn't
>giving the poor book enough juice. I switched back to the other one,
>and it's powering up just fine. Is there any way to recondition this
>battery to hold a charge? Currently, it just gets warm, but doesn't
>hold enough to power up all the way, tho it tries.
>
>If it's a lost cause, I guess it's okay, since I have the right AC
>adapter, but it would be nice to get it mobile, even for short periods.
>:)
>
>In other news, how would I get this puppy web-bound? Any and all
>suggestions in this area would be most appreciated. (e-mail/FTP
>clients, etc.) Can I rig this thing to hook up to my router at home and
>enjoy broadband?
I have gotten both a 165 and a 170 "on the net" both using a dial-up
modem and with a "Micro-
ENSC" to give me an ethernet connection via the SCSI port. Slow as the 7
year itch both ways, but it works. Email is fast enough, but browsing!! -
not worth the effort.

Ken