In a message dated 1/29/06 9:45:17 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I pulled those settings from my 190 running OS 7.5.3.

Yeah, I believe you; I just warmed up my 540c that runs OS 7.5.3, and it has
a TCP/IP panel. I think perhaps the MacTCP mentioned by the lister is another
app used for something else, like "FreePPP" or something.

To the 1400 lister; do you have a TCP/IP Control panel?

I don't think I've seen this mentioned. MacTCP is infamous for it's problems with BootP. IIRC it doesn't use DHCP.

MacTCP is the predecessor of TCP/IP in what IIRC is known as Classic Networking.