Michael Lewis sez:

>Mikael Byström sez:
>
>>>need to go to draft mode at all.
>>
>>In PM 4 at least, if you really wanted the message to be sent, you had to
>>go to draft mode first or it just sat there.
>
>Well, let's see. I am using v4.2.1 Carbon. I've disconnected my ethernet
>cable and am now hitting the "Send" button to cause this message to go
>into my "Out Tray". I'll then reconnect the cable and try sending. the
>waiting message. If it then sends without needing draft mode, there will
>be nothing following "EDIT" below. Otherwise, there will be an edit.
>
>EDIT:

The second test didn't work the way people here have claimed, either. I
disconnected my network cable  and sent some mail to myself at another
account. The message went into waiting mode in the Out Tray. After
considerable time I reconnected my cable,and the message flew away
without me needing to do anything. I tried again, this time quitting
PowerMail before reconnecting the cable. When I restarted PowerMail, PM
sent the message that was in the Out tray with no need for me to click on
it at all, draft mode or no as it retrieved my email at startup.

So, either v4.2.1 doesn't exhibit the behavior mentioned (likely?) or I'm
not testing the proper thing (also likely :) ). If v5.x does, it does
seem to be a change in behavior, and not a good one.

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions