Winston Weinmann wrote, On 10/07/2008 10:51 PM:
I followed both of Matthias' suggestions. I have even set up another
Gmail account. I can send email via Gmail from PowerMail, but when I
check mail nothing comes in. POP mail is on for both Gmail accounts,
Gmail POP worked using Apple Mail on another computer.

And as I noted earlier, PowerMail only acknowledges checking 2 accounts
when it checks for mail (although it in fact receives mail for 3 other
accounts besides the 2 Gmail accounts, so it should say checking mail
for 5 accounts).

I also could not get Gmail POP to work on a backup copy of PowerMail on
another computer.

However, when I set up a new user environment on the other computer,
with one Gmail account as the only account, it worked.

So, there is something in my current PowerMail user environment which is
not letting Gmail get checked.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

- Winston

MB wrote:

I have these settings:
User account ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
Checked "Save password" (password)
Checked "Use secure connection (SSL/TLS)"
UnChecked "Use port" 995  <---- Note this
Checked "On a dedicated secure port"

So try and uncheck the port specification. Perhaps the Gmail servers
need to negotiate on the port(s) used?

I have no problems getting mail from gmail. In fact, the only problems I had in the past were with sending mail.

At any rate, I have basically all the same settings as above but with three notes:

1) I have *UN*checked the "starttls" option under the receiving tab. The use secure connection is still selected.

2)  Port 995 is selected.

3)  My username entry does *NOT* include "@gmail.com"

The above is also true for my Thunderbird (PC) setup at work, which is what I am using to reply to this e-mail.