Frank Mitchell (9/7/13, 20:51) said:

>A URL like...
>
><http://online.bankofamerica.com.signon.aspx.fraudulentbank.org/>
>
>...looks as if it will take you to Bank of America but, in fact, will
>take you to the Fraudulent Bank site. I'm told that, in AppleMail,
>hovering over (NOT clicking on) the above link will show the whole URL
>revealing it as a fake.
>
>I'd like to do that with Power Mail, if I can.

PowerMail's support for HTML emails is somewhat limited.

I usually view emails as plain text. But I've just tried viewing an  HTML email
and it seems that clicking on links in HTML emails within PowerMail has no
effect in any case (clicking on links in plain text does work, but then you can
see the actual URL before you click on it).

>I use PowerMail's globe too, but I think it only shows the URL *after*
>clicking on it. By then you are already logging into the site.

The globe puts up a menu where one of the options is "View message in web
browser". This will open the email in your default web browser. You don't need
to click on any links, but once you have opened the message in your web browser
you can hover over the link and the web browser will display the link in its
status bar.

Another possibility, if you have set up PowerMail to display HTML emails in
preference to plain text, is to choose "Show plain text with header" from the
globe menu. URLs can't be hidden in plain text, so you can see them without
hovering over them.

Jeremy