Any posting that is less than a High Radiation Area should be made in the same
orientation and design as the Radiation Area sign.

From: Beth Heyeck []
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:18 PM
Subject: [powernet] RCA Posting

Quick benchmark:

While implementing the industry standards for HRA/VHRA posting shapes/signs, we
are also transitioning from "Restricted Area" to "Radiologically Controlled

There's no guidance that we can find on what the shape/wording needs to be on
the Radiologically Controlled area sign.  Does your plant use a sign (or signs)

1.       The words "Radiologically Controlled Area"

2.       The acronym "RCA"

3.       The shape of a vertically aligned rectangle

4.       The shape of a horizontally aligned rectangle

5.       Anything else on the sign, besides a trefoil?

Beth Heyeck