From: Powernet [mailto:powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org] On Behalf Of Dave Raye
via Powernet
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 7:48 AM
To: 'powernet@hpspowernet.org'
Cc: Dave Raye
Subject: [Powernet] Fixed Radiation Monitoring System calibration question

EXTERNAL: Think Before You Click!

Email sent from: Dave Raye via Powernet powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org

Hello all,
At DC Cook, Radiation Protection technicians have always performed calibrations
on our permanently-installed, plant (Westinghouse & Eberline) Radiation
Monitoring System.
I would appreciate your response to the two questions below:

1.)    Who performs the detector calibrations on your installed radiation
monitoring system... RP/HP techs, MTI/I&C techs, others?

2.)    If RP/HP DOES NOT perform your installed RMS detector calibrations, is
the department performing the calibrations trained/qualified to handle sources
(or does RP escort/handle the sources for them)?

Thank you,

Dave Raye
RP Support Gen Supv
Cook Nuclear Plant