From: Powernet [mailto:powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org] On Behalf Of Dave Raye
via Powernet
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 8:48 AM
To: 'powernet@hpspowernet.org'
Cc: Dave Raye
Subject: [Powernet] Fixed Radiation Monitoring System calibration question

***CAUTION***

This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL address (powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org). DO
NOT click on links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and know the
content is safe. If you suspect this message to be phishing, please report it
to the APS Cyber Defense Center at a...@apsc.com.

Hello all,
At DC Cook, Radiation Protection technicians have always performed calibrations
on our permanently-installed, plant (Westinghouse & Eberline) Radiation
Monitoring System.
I would appreciate your response to the two questions below:

1.)    Who performs the detector calibrations on your installed radiation
monitoring system... RP/HP techs, MTI/I&C techs, others?

2.)    If RP/HP DOES NOT perform your installed RMS detector calibrations, is
the department performing the calibrations trained/qualified to handle sources
(or does RP escort/handle the sources for them)?

Thank you,

Dave Raye
RP Support Gen Supv
Cook Nuclear Plant
269-466-2803 (O)
269-405-6040 (C)
269-422-6161 (H)
2803 (pager)

--- NOTICE ---

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential,
privileged or proprietary information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or
printout.  Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of
this e-mail.  Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or
errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.