Corrections...

On 9 March 2011 10:37, alex <a...@slab.org> wrote:
> Artists often say they like Max and PD because they are visual.
> However you can put boxes where you like, it makes no difference
> because visual layout in these languages is entirely secondary syntax.

I meant secondary notation (one of Thomas's cognitive dimensions).

> In opposition to Myers, I think the value of so-called `visual
> languages' is that they are not constrained by visible dimensions *at
> all*.

Not *the* value, but *a* value.  Having layout for unconstrained
secondary notation is of course also very valuable for human-human
communication.

alex

--
http://yaxu.org/

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).