Hello Dave,

The way we worked the material is that the presenter keeps all ownership and control of their materials but have agreed that we can distribute them to attendees. I would need to get permission from each presenter to send you the materials. Many of the presenters are going to publish their papers on their own web sites.

Likewise, the screencast stuff didn't go as planned. We were going to have a company video tape the conference and capture the screencasts. They would then contract with the presenter on whether the videos could be sold. The company couldn't make the conference so that didn't happen.

We asked the presenters to screencast capture the presentation but the load on their machines while making their presentation was too great and it didn't end up happening.

So ... what we're now asking the presenters to do is to screencast capture their presentation in the comfort of their office. The presenter then has many choices:

* Not to do it at all.
* Upload the screencast to their own web site for distribution or to find a way to distribute it themselves. * If they distribute it themselves, we could link over to their screencast to help get the word out. * If they want us to distribute the screencast, to they want it to be distributed to just attendees?
* ... or to anybody that wants it?
* If they would like us to distribute it, should we have a start date?
*  ... what would they like the ending date of that distribution?

I'm very motivated to get these screencasts out and I think it would be a huge benefit to the community.

Rick Schummer recently blogged about screencasts and how it may actually hurt Fox conferences by removing the need to attend. I see his point. The question is ... how much would it hurt? Perhaps we're worrying about nothing at all? Or could it kill a conference or two?

Nonetheless, I need to work out the details with each of the 17 presenters as each of their conditions will be different. I'll definitely let the ProFox list know as things become available to the general public.

-Kevin

Kevin Cully
CULLY Technologies, LLC

Sponsor of Fox Forward 2006!
http://foxforward.net

Dave Crozier wrote:
Kevin,
Will the course material/notes be available for Purchase in any way once it
has been produced or will that only be for attendees? Unfortunately, I
wasn't able to come over as I was in Prague, but I'd be more than happy to
pay for the content to swell the FoxForward funds for next year and if the
dates are OK then maybe I'll even be able to attend.

Dave Crozier
 The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and to lie
about your age