Ken

I might be off base, but most cable companies have gone to great lengths to prevent you from recording video off their feed.

Saying that, I have had success with the Windows 7 Media Player recording tv feed from an Internet streaming feed (but not from cable feed.)

I thought I read that Microsoft removed the video recording from a video stream in Windows 8 and above.

I also tried several of the OpenSource packages on Linux, complete with hardware, and had no luck. After a few hundred hours I figured I had already spent more than a years rental of a DVR from my cable company would cost.

Good luck!

Mike Copeland

Ken Kixmoeller (ProFox) wrote:
Hey - --

Because of my famous dog (https://www.instagram.com/caninehappyhour/), I
need to be able to:
  -- record live (cable) TV, and
  -- gain access to the files in order to edit them.

We aren't big TV folks, and we have never had a DVR. I'd be willing to buy
an inexpensive one, but shopping and Googling confuses the heck out of me.

For example i see these:
  --
https://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-EzRecorder-Definition-Recording-ER130/dp/B00LAP3GC8
I see I have to add my own USB hard disk (which I have). Would that do it?

Slingbox:
  -- https://www.amazon.com/Sling-Media-SB375-100-Slingbox-M2/dp/B011QHAOWO
Would that do it?

Also:
https://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY
PVR? Personal Video Recorder?

Comcast is our provider. Is there a way to do this without additional
hardware?

I need to record stuff Thursday & Friday.

Anybody willing to give me a kick me in the right direction?

Ken

multipart/alternative
   text/html
---