Hello everybody,
I am exploring Django for my next project.

Most of the examples that I found is making the report in html and then exporting it to a pdf.

Having worked (and still working) with Visual Foxpro reports, all these years, I am looking out for a similar experience with Django/Python.

I tried Gaetan's Appy Framework which takes an odt document as template and merges with xml data to produce pdf via a service which has to run in the background. It is ok, but it is stuck with the old version of Python and I had great difficulty in attempting complex VFP type of reports.

Then I looked at JasperReport. I can design the report using JasperReport Studio. But still there are too many steps involved in spitting out the pdf.

Before I make the final leap to Jasper, I want to ask those who are working with Python - as to what they are using for a GUI reporting tool similar to VFP and that which does not involve a reporting service to be run in the background!

Thanks

Ajit Abraham