I've checked it out, I can see your point, it's a beautiful tool, but too many dependencies and a long product chain. For simple database reports (that would be 98% of the time) I'll work with xlsxwriter and PollyReports which is close to the fox style but stays within python and keeps the design of your report and it's parameters within the language and will be easily portable. Regarding the remaining 2% if I can't dodge the bullet I'll probably end up doing what you suggest (thanks for the tips Ajit, hadn't heard about until you mentioned it)

Cheers