From: ProfoxTech <profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com> On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:46 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Fun with US sales tax

There are several, and the common scheme is to charge you a rate for
each access via the API. Usually something in the tenths of a cent range.

So if you need a rate for a quote, you pay.
If you need a rate for a sale, you pay.
If you just need to check a rate for confirmation, you pay.

Or, you can wade into the swamp of 50 different tax schemes full of
incredible complexity. For fun, read up on California's sales tax. Oye.

Sorry, but I don't have any recommendation for which company to use for
tax compliance as I've avoided the problem so far.

Mike C

Richard Kaye wrote:
Our wondrous Supreme Court has opened the Pandora’s Sales Tax box with today’s
decision to allow states to require retailers with no physical presence in a
particular state to collect sales tax for that state. Leaving aside any
thoughts on the wisdom of this decision, which I have not looked at, I’d like
to call on the collective wisdom of those who deal with invoicing to find out
if any of you are using some sort of service provider/API to retrieve tax
rates, presumably by submitting the address of the buyer to some kind of web
API.

For our non-US ProFox friends, you can just sit back and laugh. 😊

TIA

--

rk