MB Software Solutions <> wrote:
> Ed Leafe wrote:
>> On Dec 15, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:
>>

>>> Certainly, lots of people have no love for product activation and
>>> Genuine Advantage validation. Some comments on last week's Vista
>>> activation crack post express the sentiments:  <read link for
>>> comments>
>>>

>>      Customers have been abused by Microsoft for years in one form or
>> another, and yet continue to send them their money. I doubt that
>> this abuse will be any different.
>>

> Until Linux desktop apps are prime time or rather, the main stream
> media/press starts supporting/promoting the usage of said apps, the
> Linux OS won't take over the Windows OS.

About a month ago I had a good talk with a network admin who gave me a lot
of reasons why porting over to Linux is so much harder then it sounds.
Education of the admins is the largest hurdle for any company to overcome.
Do you think that the employers would fund training, test machines and allow
good testing for a cross over from "Exchange" to another product.  Now start
to list all the products that the company has to switch over.....

Seeing it from the larger POV where you might have to comply with STAR-BOX
and or complying with a summons for all your email messages between these
two dates because your company is suddenly in a lawsuit.

This guy got an experiment to investigate a cost savings with Linux at a
huge Financial company in Banking, Stocks and Real Estate.  He found that in
2001-2002 the quality of product in the Linux camp as well as the cost of
the software(s) and training of staff were much larger then expected.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/