On 12/29/06, Malcolm Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm curious how you're using this, any gotchas or warnings,

On a previous laptop, ThinkPad A31p, Pentium-M-2GHz, 2Gb RAM, running
Ubuntu, I installed and configured the VMServer and WinXPPro to
evaluate its usefulness for the occasional need for Windows: IE6 web
site testing, QuickBooksPro, xCase. It worked quite well. I put it
aside when the laptop "Lucky" was retired due to a bad LCD. (Lucky now
has a happy second life as a MythTV front end in the entertainment
center.) I plan to set it up again on my current workstation when time
allows.

Gotchas and warnings? Few. Read the Internet. The Answers Are Out There.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.gnhlug/7605

> and why you
> decided to or not to purchase the Workstation Edition of VMware.

No need, as far as I can tell. Workstation may have some nice features
for enterprises, but few I need.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC