Ed Leafe <> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Charlie Coleman wrote:
>
>> The saddest thing is "computer professionals" will still continue to
>> use and promote MS. I'll bet this will have little impact on most of
>> the MS-heads out there.
>
>       Imagine if there were the equivalent to the Hippocratic Oath for
> computer professionals. Or imagine the converse: that doctors made
> their recommendations not on the best interests of the patient, but
> on what would generate the most revenue for the doctor himself; that
> they acted like "medical whores" in the way of our illustrious "data
> whores".

They already do.  Go into a hospital and you can find 15 different
professionals that will stop by daily and get into the billing cycle.  At
least that is what we experienced with my mom's surgery and 3 weeks in the
hospital.

>       The attitude of most computer "professionals" is more akin to that
> of lawyers: milk the client for whatever you can simply because you
> can.

I don't go for milking the client.  I strive to make the next software that
will rock for a while.  Something that will give my client bragging rights
for his golf group.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

4:36 PM