Gil,

> Ubuntu 7.10, but when I used the cable to connect to the
> Internet <g>, and upgraded to 8.04 the WiFi started to
> work perfectly.  I could send you a Cat5e cable, I have
> lots of 25 ft, a 50 foot and 100ft lengths.

Me too. I bought a 1000 ft roll to wire the trailer and the house. Still
have most of it left because the electrician wired the house and didn't use
my cable to do it.

I wasn't too worried because the outdoor surveillance stuff still needs to
be wired and so does the area behind the house where I was going to put an
outlet.

I have no plans to use wireless on anything in the house more sophisticated
than a printer. I don't trust wireless and like to rely on wires in conduit
in the walls. They're not as easy to hack. My wireless router actually has
the WiFi turned off.

I'll probably change it all later on, but right now I'm not WiFi savvy
enough to set it up the way I would want it set up.

Kristyne McDaniel
http://www.kristynemcdaniel.com/blog
http://www.militarydraftissues.com/
http://www.mcstyles.com/

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't.... you are right.
 -- Henry Ford