>>VFP will find the runtimes in the application folder before even looking in
>>the
common folder. So, it'll load a smidgen faster by putting the runtimes in the
application folder.<<

Depends, naturally. If the app folder is on the network and has to pull it over
wire, the commons
folder even being checked second is likely to be faster. I have helped many a
developer who work in
slower network situations to speed up the stating of their app by placing the
runtimes on the
workstation. Can't tell you the number of times someone has called me and said
it works fine on my
machine, but the app crawls on the customer network.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com
www.swfox.net