>> Have a question though. The product, has gone from 0.5 to 2.0 in...how
much? 5 years? And according to you it will be mature by 3.0, let's say
8 years total?<<

Do not mix up the VS IDE Shell with VS in general. The Shell has only been
available for a couple of years. Craig and Bo were battling the issue with
less than v1.0 when they came up with the idea of building VFP Studio.

The VS IDE Shell has nothing to do with the compiler (which is separate from
the IDE even for the Microsoft languages of C# and VB). We are strictly
talking about the IDE. Tons of money? I am not privy to the Microsoft budget
for the Visual Studio team or the developer division or the VS IDE Shell
team, are you? For all we know the VS IDE Shell team was doing it as a side
project, which means even less time than a typical open source project. I
guess it is all relative considering most open source teams work for pizza
and live in their parents basement right? (tongue firmly in cheek)

>> And only 50/50 chance?!?!<<

Have you ever worked with a large organization like Microsoft? Big ship, big
turns. Although if you had a chance to work with teams like the Fox Team in
the good days, you would completely understand they were rogue within the
organization. More agile. Got more done with less. I doubt this is hard to
comprehend. If it is, read Dilbert for more background.

>> And you would complain on an open source OPERATING SYSTEM which is 20
yo  but stable for the last 10 years?<<

Not sure where this is coming from, I was discussing a specific development
environment. Or are you just taking shots at me to distract me from the
discussion at hand?

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com