Sophie Gautier wrote (05-11-12 19:37)

Libre is very difficult to pronounce for lot of us, so let stick with
something that is easier for our language communities to feel united.

Would it be an idea to give the various groups the choice from 3, maybe 4 alternatives, which fits them best?

e.g LibreOffice x / LibreOffice Project x / LibO x ?

I think we won't have difficulty, as Sophie states, to recognise our own groups/people. And the communication purpose of the name is mostly local/regional.

Cheers,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org