Phil,

The OpenMotif bug report suggests that if you use jpeg versions of the template
images, then things will work. You can find a tarball containing the jpegs you
need here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34693999/ProofPower/template-jpegs.tgz

If you copy these into the bitmaps directory in the ProofPower installation
directory (or your own bitmaps directory if you have one) and change all the
".bmp" file extensions in app-defaults/Xpp to ".jpg", that should give you a
workaround. Please let me know how you get on.