I previously mentioned this as part of 'What is a good value for smacks_hibernation_time' as I thought the change could have been related to my tweaking of that value.

Turns out it isn't. I'm running with the default value for that setting and have been since I reported the original problem.

According to Pidgin, these are the modules I have active:

adhoc
admin_adhoc
announce
auth_dovecot
auto_accept_subscriptions
bosh
c2s
carbons
compression
disco
groups
http
iq
log_auth
mam
mam_archive
message
motd
offline
pep
ping
presence
private
proxy65
proxy65_whitelist
roster
s2s
saslauth
smacks
storage_internal
storage_sql2
time
tls
uptime
vcard
version

and if I'm running the right command (I'm new to Mercurial), these are the changed files:

# hg status --rev 1513:1545
M mod_auth_pam/mod_auth_pam.lua
M mod_mam/mamprefsxml.lib.lua
M mod_mam_archive/mod_mam_archive.lua
M mod_mam_muc/mod_mam_muc.lua
M mod_muc_log/mod_muc_log.lua
M mod_profile/mod_profile.lua
M mod_smacks/mod_smacks.lua
A mod_roster_allinall/mod_roster_allinall.lua
A mod_sslv3_warn/mod_sslv3_warn.lua
R mod_websocket/mod_websocket.lua
R mod_websocket/websocket.html

When I first encountered this problem it was with r1535, so viewing just those changed files:

# hg status --rev 1513:1535
M mod_mam/mamprefsxml.lib.lua
M mod_mam_archive/mod_mam_archive.lua
M mod_mam_muc/mod_mam_muc.lua
M mod_profile/mod_profile.lua
M mod_smacks/mod_smacks.lua
A mod_sslv3_warn/mod_sslv3_warn.lua

I'm thinking my next step would be to selectively pull in changes to select modules to see what results in the same situation.

If I can provide additional information please let me know.