Hi Matthew,

sorry for the late answer, I was quite busy.

So it's not working neither with the network_default_read_size option you gave
me, and I'm not using libevent.

For the context, it's a SI (XEP-0096) file transfer, I'm sending the file (~400
Mio) and I'm forcing the use of the proxy for the test. My chunks have a size
of 2**16 (64 Kio) when disconnection occurs. If I set a size of 4096, there is
no problem.
I'm sending the file, so Gajim is actually not in cause here. If I do a direct
connection I have no problem neither.

Here is the significant part of the logs:

--- logs
socket                             debug        server.lua: accepted new
client connection from 127.0.0.1:42662 to 5000
mod_proxy65                        debug        SOCKS5 greeting complete
mod_proxy65                        debug        SOCKS5 target connected for
session e83c1d0c64441f3a22a5f74a27d4f7dd17a8c066
c2s1b3e530                         debug        Received[c2s]: <iq id='H_44'
type='result' to='go...@necton3.int/SàT' from='lou...@necton3.int/Gajim'>
necton3.int:log_events             debug        necton3.int firing event: pre-
iq/full
necton3.int:log_events             debug        necton3.int firing event:
iq/full
socket                             debug        server.lua: accepted new
client connection from 127.0.0.1:42664 to 5000
mod_proxy65                        debug        SOCKS5 greeting complete
mod_proxy65                        debug        SOCKS5 initiator connected for
session e83c1d0c64441f3a22a5f74a27d4f7dd17a8c066
c2s1c0bac0                         debug        Received[c2s]: <iq id='H_45'
type='set' to='proxy.necton3.int'>
necton3.int:log_events             debug        necton3.int firing event: pre-
iq/host
proxy.necton3.int:proxy65          debug        Transfer activated (sid:
5620a228-2256-4004-9149-6ca8593a461b, initiator: go...@necton3.int/SàT, target:
lou...@necton3.int/Gajim)
mod_proxy65                        debug        ondisconnect: 'receive buffer
exceeded'
mod_proxy65                        debug        ondisconnect: 'false'
socket                             debug        server.lua: closed client
handler and removed socket from list
socket                             debug        server.lua: closed client
handler and removed socket from list
--- end logs

I have added myself the "ondisconnect" log, because else mod_proxy65 was not
logging the err.

The xml stream is not disconnected, it's the Socks5 client only which is
disconnected.

So I currently workaround this by setting a 4Kio limit for proxies, which is a
reasonable value anyway.

Hope this help

Cheers
Goffi