>So do I, but the cursor jumps to the original part location. Normally
>the parts are far away and you always have to re - zoom and pan all the
>time.
>
>It would be good if there would be a ' move to cursor ' function.
>But this only in addition to the normal move function, because you need
>both possibilities.
>
>Georg
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P99SE has what you want and SP6 has made a further improvement (at least I
do not recall the new dialog in SP5).

(I know someone responded with the recently but I can't find who.)
In PCB type M-C  (Move Component) and click on a blank part of the
board.  A dialog pops up that lists the components and three options for
how to move the component/cursor.  One is Move Component to Cursor.  You
can work at quite a high zoom level doing detailed component placement
without having to zoom out - works well.

(This function - moving the component to the cursor has been in P99SE for a
while but I can't think how the jump to cursor was implmented - possibly a
design option or preference.)

Clicking in a blank section on the board (while in M-C mode) has always
brought up a text box to allow you to enter a designator but in the dim
distant past the cursor always jumped to the component.  (This
move-component-to-cursor might have been a P99SE improvement.)

Ian Wilson