A real good idea,

That means, that you see a percentage of board space used every time
you place a new part in schematic.
Relatively easy would be a sum of all the part-space divides the total
board - space.
But does this help ?
Example: a 100 by 100 board can't have to parts 51 x 51, even only a bit
more then the
half board space is used.

The next step would be an optimising program which is not done over weekend.

Georg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]