Hi everyone.
How often have you come across a design where you just not quite sure if
the electronic required actually fits the "board".
Oh yes - we all do know - Once we've spent all those hours trying your very
best in achieving, not only the "Perfect Layout" to suit the circuit, but
also trying your very hardest to squeese and squash, because of the
awareness of tight and or limited boardspace.
However - isn't that a bit too late to realise that it won't fit the
current situation.
It would be a tremendous help to get a density report based on boardsize
and physical component-outline, incl. pads - whichever is bigger,
overhanging. Care however needs to be taken not to include any component
designators and comments, as they are placed outside the footprint.
Well, thats one of so many features I could get used to so quick.
Lets wait and see what Protels Softies think about this feature.
Thank you Protel for considering.
Cheers
Robi

Robi Artwork  -  PCB Design Bureau