From: Bob Fearon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 2:46 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Problems with Access Jet engine

    Hi Guys (and Gals)

I have an error that I can't find in the Protel knowledge database.

When I try to open a ddb, I get the error plaque from windows:

    [MICROSFT] [ODBC MICROSOFT ACCESS DRIVER] The microsoft
    jet engine stopped the process because you and another are
attempting to
change the same data at the same time.

    I am running Protel 99 SE , service pack 5,  on windows 98.
    I am running standalone. I am tied into a network.
    I am the only one here with the software.( I've checked)
    I get the same symptom connected to the net or unconnected.

    I open Protel,  I open a database, ok so far.
    I have 4 schematics, and 2 pcbs in this database.
    If I open pcb #1, it opens fine.
    If I open pcb #2, I get the error.
    If I try to load a new set of libraries, I can remove them ok,
    buy when I add them, I get the error.

    I have rebooted.
    I have re-installed Protel.
    I have removed all Protel files and Fresh installed, no luck.
    I have sent a message to "support", but have not heard anything yet.

    Just a curious point, when I called Protel on the phone, I talked to
    person who told me: "Yeah, we get that all the time, but I don't
know
    what it is."

    Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Bob Fearon