From: TSListServer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Andrew J
Jenkins
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 9:09 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Eating Crow (was: RE: having W2k installed, can I
run...)

On 07:28 AM 2/20/01 -0800, Andrew W. Riley III said:

I never saw my post here or at work even though Outlook has it in my 'sent' folder.

Andrew,

Regrettably, I think that's been the case for many of us. The list server (or
apparently its host systems)  has been acting quite particular (though not apparently
selective in any identifiable way) about which messages get thru and which don't, to
the frustration of many, including myself.

Frankly, for me, it's gotten so bad that I don't know whether I should instigate or
respond to most anything anymore, because I am not sure that it will get sent to the
group, which group members will actually see it,  or whether anything will actually
get resolved as a result of my efforts, to my benefit or anyone else's.

The thread to which  which you and I are responding is just one example. In response
to an in-preparation-for-specification-of-a-new-computer-system query that Robbi
Bittler made, regarding independent screen resolution configuration for dual-monitors
using a single card solution w/in W2k, one respondent said authoritatively that it was
possible (Matrox G400 dual-pipeline, single chipset), and two (myself included)
responded that it was essentially not possible using most comnbinatorial video
solutions. For all intents and purposes, the thread was simply dropped, at least from
both of my locations, as I received no further mail on the subject at either until
today.

I mean, what's the point of explaining or detailing some process, asking a question,
or answering same, only to have it vanish into nether-space? I don't know about the
rest you, but I need some sort of acknowledgement (agreement, disagreement,
explanation, counter-query, simple nod, flip-o-dee-bird, etc...anything but routine
dead silence) so that I can confirm that I'm not just speaking to myself and the void.
Otherwise, what's the point to having these groups? I don't think that it's meant to
provide a forum for hearing ourselves "speak", or if it is, then it should be torn
down, as a mirror costs a great deal less, and at least provides near real-time
response...

BTW, assuming that you actually see this message, (toss of a coin?), and since the
thread (Dual-head limitations) was left dangling...What IS the outcome, yay or nay?
Can one actually change the individual resolutions of  two monitors driven by a
single, dual-pipeline chipset video card within Windows 2000, or was it actually
incorrect advise to Robbi Bittler, ie, are the published limitations accurate?

Original participants speak?

regards,

aj

Andrew J Jenkins. NCMR @ NASA-GRC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The opinions expressed herein are soley mine and do not represent the views
of my employer, nor the views of its employer. This email and its content may
not be redistributed to any third party for any reason without first securing a
signed authorization from the author. Failure to abide by these terms may
result in legal remediation against the offending party, at the sole discretion
of the author. This is not public domain information. Standard commercial-
use disclaimers apply. Commercial use requires author approval.  If you cannot
abide by the full aspect of this disclaimer, immediately delete the message,
as you have no rights to its contents.