At 10:30 AM 2/28/01 -0800, Brooks,Bill wrote:
>I just installed the SP6 on our Protel 99SE software a week ago... We use
>the "size of hole" string as the code for the hole location on our drill
>drawings. Up until now we have had no problems with this... Today I
>discovered a bug. I was getting ready to send out a board and looked at the
>drill table or Hole Chart if you will, and noticed that the codes for the
>holes were scrambled.. They look like they are right on the board but the
>chart is messed up. Here's what I got...
>125     45      14mil   0.3556mm        PTH
>32      6       32mil   0.8128mm        PTH
>55      12      35mil   0.889mm PTH
>35      27      40mil   1.016mm PTH
>14      8       55mil   1.397mm PTH
>40      6       125mil  3.175mm PTH
>         104     Total
>         HOLE CHART

I think this is the bug that I previously reported here. What has happened
is that SP6 now sorts the drill list. If the drill symbols are set to text
(i.e., hole size, as appears in the above table), they do not get sorted
with the rest of the information. It seems to work properly if letters or
symbols are used instead of the hole size text.

(The setting is under the drill drawing setup tab in gerber properties.)

If it does *not* work with letters or symbols, someone let us know
immediately. But the error is relatively harmless, because fabricators will
use the drill file and the chart is wrong on its face.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433