Because of a system glitch, this did not get out when I wrote it. It might
still have some relevance.

At 05:51 PM 2/27/01 -03-30, Fabian Hartery wrote:
>For me, the Protel import of PCAD was so-so, with a need
>to realign reference designators and part values (not too bad).
>Nevertheless, in trying to send 'this edit' back to PCAD, a whole new list
>of problems hatched under this chicken. This was especially with respect to
>ports. I am using Accel 15.00.50, if that matters.

Port translations are also a problem with OrCAD/Protel. I typically have to
touch every port; net labels can also come up a mess. Because translators
don't see a great deal of use (compared to other major features of the
program), it is common for bugs to remain in them.

When doing translations, it is highly advisable to generate a net list from
the schematic in the original form and then compare it -- with Protel's
excellent netlist comparison utility -- with the net list from the
translated version. If the net lists match, you are home, leaving only
cosmetic issues.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690