At 04:59 PM 3/3/01 -0800, Mike Ingle wrote:

>I strongly reccomend that you get a sample part from the manufacturer and
>measure it yourself.  Also if their documentation is confilcting, a call
>wouldn't hurt.

Good advice. Actually, rereading the original post, it looks like there is
only one error on the drawing, that 25 mils has been rendered as .65 mm. On
the other hand "original in English" does not necessarily meant that the
English dimensions were grid integral, i.e., exactly 25 mils instead of
25.6, which is .65 mm. So it would have been more easy to err in the other
direction. The more I think about it, the more suspicious I am of this
drawing. Unless you can get redundant confirmation of one of the options,
by all means, contact the manufacturer. And tell them that someone should
carefully check their drawings before they are released.

Cumulative dimensions *must* be, essentially, *exact*. No rounding off.
Which is why it is also essential to know the dimensions to which the part
was designed, were they metric or inch.

Yes, I know. Fat chance.

I've seen a lot of bad boards from confusion over this.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433