Hello, all:

Can Protel 99SE SCH import files from Orcad?  I don't know what version of
Orcad.  All I know is the .DSN file is one big (1.6MB) file with a
multi-sheet hierarchy, and no other .LIB files are hanging around.  All I
really want to do is get the part symbols and some circuitry blocks from the
Orcad schematic.  One of the parts is a BGA388.  No way do I want to create
that from scratch!

Same question for PADS.  I also don't know what version of PADS.  I know the
.PCB file is big (3.6MB), and no .LIB files present.

I would try it myself, except I haven't installed 99SE yet (I did finally
buy the upgrade!).  It seems I now have to buy a new PC to run 99SE, my
circa 1996 Dell won't do it.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.