This message is for Frank Langlois:

Frank,

I understand from your email of March 1st (see below) that the translation back and
forth between Orcad and Protel 99SE should go smoothly.  I have attempted this process
with the following results:

1) I have imported an Orcad 9.2 file into Protel SP6 with only minor warnings in the
translation report. An unusual footprint definition was identified as the source of
the warnings.

2) Minor changes were made on the imported Orcad file and then it was exported as a
version 2.8 ASCII file.

3) The CAD operator on the other end attempted to import the now Protel file back into
the original Orcad 9.2 program.  When doing so, he encountered a critical error (Orcad
reported: pin out of range).  He was unable to read the file into Orcad, and called
Orcad tech support about the error message.

4) Orcad tech support advised him that Orcad files can't be translated to Protel and
then back again, otherwise this error will be encountered.

My questions are:

1) If this process is working smoothly for you, can you identify for me which
versions/service packs are installed on the two CAD packages (Orcad and Protel)?

2) Have  you encountered this error before (not sure if the wording of the error is
correct as I was not there), and if so, were you able to overcome it with a workaround?

Frank, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers for now,
Bruce Williams