At 12:00 PM 3/1/01 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I've been asked to create a new layer for a format with the company
>information included.
>
>We would like to place this information on a specific layer (Format).

Basically, you enable a new mech layer (Design/MechanicalLayers). You can
also name it Format if you like.

I use a standard stackup similar to that used by many Protel designers,
from the ancient days when we only had 4 mechanical layers:

Mech 1 = Outline. This includes targets and film titles, plus the board
outline.
Mech 2 = Format. This will be a drawing format, with title block, etc.
Mech 3 = Assembly. This is plotted with Mech 2 (*not* mech 1) to make an
assembly drawing. I typically create the basic stuff for this layer by
photoplotting the padmaster and overlay layer(s) and then importing the
gerber to Mech 3.
Mech 4 = Fabrication. This is also plotted with Mech 2. A Drill Drawing
import may be used to create this layer, or perhaps the Drill Drawing layer
is used as a Fab drawing. There are advantages to doing the import but it
does make the file bigger.

So the additional Mech layers are not routinely used. But they are there
when we need them.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690