This post was to the list *and* to Protel North America Support. So the
default reply would have also cc'd them. This is not kind. If one really
must ask Support a question at the same time -- and I can see how a
designer up against the wall might want to do that -- use the BCC header,
not CC or as part of the TO header.

Anyway,

At 04:19 PM 3/9/01 -0600, John Lemburg wrote:
>My design, SK56A.ddb, has a library file, SK560340.lib, that I deleted
>within the ddb window (that is, I did not use MS explorer to delete it) and
>it is length 0 and will not disappear. In addition to this, I now get access
>violation error windows, lots of them, and this is going to turn into a huge
>time sucker that is not in my schedule.

Try repairing the database. Use the Client menu (that strange down-arrow in
the upper left corner of the screen
and-if-I-have-to-write-this-one-more-time-I-think-I'm-going-to-scream;
Protel, please have a name on the screen for that menu, it makes
documentation a lot easier), Design Utilities/Repair. The database should
*not* be open when using Repair.

Another path is to export all the other files, all at once, or if that
crashes, one at a time.

I'm assuming that this is Access system, which was implied by the post. If
it is Windows system, try opening the 0 length file. If Client does not
crash, save the file. Then delete it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690