Terry Harris wrote:

> I am thinking of making a panel with a set of 4 PCBS on it whch to the
> board house looks like one plot/screen charge and a bit of extra routing.
>
> Any thoughts on the best way to do this?

I do this quite often, often with as many as 10 boards and at one time with
about 110 boards (96 of them had only 2 components).

I treat the whole board as one design as far as Protel is concerned.  All the
boards are located in one project and come out as one netlist.  I keep things
straight by having series of reference designators assigned to each board (1xx,
2xx, 3xx...).  If the boards are really simple, doing everything in one pass is
doable.  Otherwise, I do the boards one at a time.  Draw the schematics and
route the first board, then draw and route the second board and so on.
Ofcourse, this will work only if you are hand routing.  I can imagine that
doing this may send the autorouter off the deep end.

Hamid

* To join or leave this list visit: