To create a "hole master" Using Camtastic...

1. Use file/import/drill to load the drill file. I find it easier to import
the ASCII drill file (.txt) rather than the binary (.drl).

2. Change all the holes to a uniform size. I don't do much editing with
Camtastic so you will need to look up the exact procedure.

3. Use file/export/Gerber to create the Gerber file.

Of course all this assumes you are using a photo-plotting service to
generate films. If your doing it yourself you're on your own! If your not
using a plotting service, then the simplest method is probably to use
Protel's drill guide output as David mentioned.

Mark Koitmaa, C.I.D.
General Partner
Certified Interconnect Designer
TechServ
Tel: 408-369-7950
Fax: 408-369-7952
http://www.techservinc.com

At 11:41 AM 3/12/2001, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Thanks for your answer.
>
>But I did not succeed yet in making a hole master Gerber.
>How can I do it using CAMtastic ?
>Once I will have made a hole master Gerber, will it be possible to stack the
>hole master over the original PCB ? And how ?
>
>I guess I will have for example to invert my PCB colors (copper will then
>appear in white on black), them stack my hole master layer (holes appearing
>black on white) over it, then invert colors of the whole PCB.
>Is it the right way ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>Nicolas