At 06:30 AM 3/11/01 +0100, GrandMasterFlash wrote:

>I use Protel to design PCB as a non professionnal user.
>So I wonder if it is possible to print drill marks (that is to say a white
>point in the center of pads) when generating Gerber output files.

Open the CAM Outputs for... folder that you created when generating your
Gerber. You will need to use an aperture table instead of RS-274X (embedded
apertures) which is the default. Rt. Click on the Gerber Output control
file and select Properties. Go to the Apertures tab and uncheck RS-274X.
Then push the button that automatically creates apertures from your PCB
file. Edit each flash aperture to have a non-zero hole, perhaps 20 mils
will be good for your application, maybe smaller.

This will cause the flash apertures that are used to make pads to be
defined with holes. Presumably the photoplotters will then be able to make
you a film that has holes. Before you buy the film, check it with a gerber
viewer like CAMtastic. If you are a demo user, you might be able to get a
CAMtastic demo, or you can get a freeware version of the graphicode viewer.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433