From: Mike Coward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 2:39 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Protel Port/Hierarchy Checker Program Available

  I'm new to the forum, but in the spirit of giving something back:

  We had lots of problems here in our hierarchical designs with having our
ports not match on sheets and their sheet symbol.  The Protel ERC couldn't
seem to detect the two most important cases: ports with no matching sheet
symbol entry, and a sheet symbol entry with no matching port.  (If the ERC
can be configured to do this, please let me know - I tried for days).  I put
together a Perl program to scan the design and find the errors, and I'd be
happy to make it available to anyone who wants it.

  If I had more time or the interest, I'd rewrite this as a Protel plug-in,
but it's not going to happen soon.  Is there a standard /contrib area for
Protel accessories that aren't plug-in servers?

Mike
--
Mike Coward           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Continuous Computing    www.ccpu.com