At 12:39 PM 3/12/01 -0800, Mike Coward wrote:

>   We had lots of problems here in our hierarchical designs with having our
>ports not match on sheets and their sheet symbol.  The Protel ERC couldn't
>seem to detect the two most important cases: ports with no matching sheet
>symbol entry, and a sheet symbol entry with no matching port.  (If the ERC
>can be configured to do this, please let me know - I tried for days).  I put
>together a Perl program to scan the design and find the errors, and I'd be
>happy to make it available to anyone who wants it.

This program has been uploaded to the filespace for
[EMAIL PROTECTED], zipped with documentation as portcheck.zip.

It is written in Perl; a URL for obtaining a Perl interpreter is given in
the readme file.

Thanks to Mr. Coward for providing this utility.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training
Protel EDA brokering (resale) services