At 12:39 PM 3/12/01 -0800, Mike Coward wrote:
>   I'm new to the forum, but in the spirit of giving something back:
>
>   We had lots of problems here in our hierarchical designs with having our
>ports not match on sheets and their sheet symbol.  The Protel ERC couldn't
>seem to detect the two most important cases: ports with no matching sheet
>symbol entry, and a sheet symbol entry with no matching port.  (If the ERC
>can be configured to do this, please let me know - I tried for days).  I put
>together a Perl program to scan the design and find the errors, and I'd be
>happy to make it available to anyone who wants it.

If you send me the program, I'll make sure that it is uploaded to the
filespace for [EMAIL PROTECTED] I think any user can upload
directly to that space, however, though subscription to protel-users might
be necessary in order to get access, I'm not sure.

And thanks for sharing your work.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690