Anyone else noticed that you can't set the simulation temperature below 0
degrees C for simulations in P99SE SP6. Program wants a positive number.

On one hand I complain because Protel seem to have to be dragged kicking
and screaming to practice defensive programming techniques (at least in
years gone by) and now I am complaining as there are too enthusiastic in
range checking.  Can't win.

Those of you doing high temperature work will be pleased to know that the
upper limit is not so constrained - 100 Giga degrees C was happily
accepted.  Not sure if the device models hold true to this hot-ish temperature.

The SPICE parameter I am trying to change is TEMP.  The TNOM option allows
negative numbers but not the TEMP option - a little arbitrary.

I tried adding a .nsx text frame with .OPTION TEMP=-20 to set the temp and
I am not sure if it had any effect - the simulation seems to go haywire
after that (but it may not be related).  The sim crashed when I set the
circuit temp to 273 (just testing to see if TEMP is in kelvin).

(A note on this has been shot off to Protel support.)

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: