Thomas Sprunger wrote:

> I am trying to find a way to place text and components on ground planes (or polygon
>fills) and to make them an absence of copper (or Anti Copper in Orcad). Is this
>possible in the PCB portion of Protel?
>
> Thank you,

Yes (partly)

The plane layers are negative - anything you draw on them is
"not-copper".

Routing layers are positive, so anything you place there is copper, so
you can't make negative text in polygon pours or fills - however, if you
place a string in a polygon pour, then re-pour the polygon, Protel will
leave a rectangular opening in the polygon to clear the copper text.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF

* To join or leave this list visit: