Thomas Sprunger wrote:

> I am trying to find a way to place text and components on ground planes (or polygon
>fills) and to make them an absence of copper (or Anti Copper in Orcad). Is this
>possible in the PCB portion of Protel?

I think you can ONLY place "anti-copper" objects on the plane.  It gets drawn
just like any other object, as far as the plot files are concerned, but the board
fabricator makes a neagative of those layers, so it comes out as anti-copper.
This is true of any power plane layer.  Now, if you are building a custom
power or ground plane on a signal layer, you have a real problem from a
number of perspectives.  Protel just doesn't do that very easily.
You can pour copper onto a signal layer just fine, and put text or components
out there, and the pour will plow around them.  Maybe that will do what you
want.

Jon

* To join or leave this list visit: