Hi Thomas-

The answer is simple - anything you draw or place on a plane in Protel is a
void (copper will be removed).  Planes are negative images - they are
entirely covered with copper until you place something on them to remove
the copper.  A fill on a plane layer would be a copper void; on a signal
layer, the fill is a copper pour.

At 01:43 PM 3/27/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I am trying to find a way to place text and components on ground planes
>(or polygon fills) and to make them an absence of copper (or Anti Copper
>in Orcad). Is this possible in the PCB portion of Protel?
>
>Thank you,
>

>Notice:  This message is intended solely for the person to whom it
>is addressed.  Unintended recipients will be legally responsible for
>unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or distribution.  If you have
>received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
>by replying to this message.  Then delete this message from your
>system.  Thank you.
>
>CTS Resistor/Electrocomponents          (219) 589-3111 Phone
>406 Parr Road                           (219) 589-3243 Fax
>Berne, IN 46711                         www.ctscorp.com
-snip

* To join or leave this list visit: