[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ian Wilson wrote:
>
> >On 04:11 PM 6/04/2001 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> >>Solder masks are treated like power planes in Protel. The same applies to
> >>paste masks. Anything you place on these "layers" shows up negativ on the
> >>board. Place a fill on a paste mask, and this area will not be covered by
> >>paste on the finished PCB.
> >
> >Actually this is not correct - since paste is a negative layer anything
> >placed on this layer will make a hole in the paste mask.
>
> That is just what I said, so what is your point?
>
> Gisbert Auge

Solder mask and Paste mask are indeed both negative - if you draw
something on either type of layer, you do make a hole in the resulting
mask.

However, for the Solder mask, this means that the copper or board under
the mask will be exposed at that point.

For the paste mask, this means that solder will be applied to the board
at that point, through the resulting hole.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF

* To join or leave this list visit: