Jim,

Make a visit to www.tweakfiles.com

You can download TweakUI and lots of other excellent freeware and shareware
system utilities there.

I've used TweakUI for several years now and every new system I configure gets
it installed, including my Windows 2000 systems. It has lots of useful settings
besides the ones mentioned previously.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:28:44 +1200, Jim Parr wrote:
>Hi Frank,
>As you say the code boffins at work tell me this problem is as old as
>Win95 - we all get it with or without 99SE.
>
>This "TweakUI" sounds interesting Frank.  I wonder if it stops windows from
>occasionally re-arranging the desktop into an "orderly" - 'all ICONS to left
>of screen'.  It happens during bootup on the morning of a full moon (blue or
>otherwise) or perhaps it just thinks I'm too untidy.
>
>This has frustrated me for years & once tried to convince Microsoft that
>every single Winxx machine I had ever worked on did it.  Wouldn't believe
>me.
>
>So if this wizz utility stops that happening or can rebuild user.dat to what
>it was just before Windows messed it up, I would consider myself in your
>debt if you sent me a copy.
>
>Regards,
>Jim Parr
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]