Dennis,

Unchecking the "Save window settings" box will prevent the saving of all
window settings, including window sizes, icon positions, types, etc.  This
does apply to the desktop.  At a former employer we used this box to
enforce a default desktop icon arrangement on student computers.  I did
notice last night though, that this box has mysteriously stopped
functioning on my Win98 computer.  Don't know why.  This same computer also
trashed its own windows directory a few hours later though, so it might
have been something else.
Note that anytime you change this box you have to restart for the setting
to take effect.
Also, due to the aforementioned crash, I don't have access to the TweakUI
install files at the moment. (apologies to Jim Parr)  I wasn't able to find
them on the site that Matt mentioned either.

Frank

At 09:09 AM 4/18/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>it doesn't do that
>it will control progs which run at startup and let you remove the little
>arrow on icons for shortcuts
>and some other useless and useful stuff
>
>I don't see the rearrangement you describe but my desktop and tray icons
>all turn into random duplicate icons almost every day
>
>Dennis Saputelli

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone