Hi Tony,

> I get similar events with Outlook 2000. It doesn't happen often but the
> behavior is similar. It just stops responding.
>
> OT: Does anyone know how to get the directory and files to list in
> alphabetical order on a Windows 2000 system? They were fine until
> a few days
> ago (I cannot remember any event that caused the change.) Now whenever I
> have an "open file(s)" dialog, everything is reversed...I see the
> end of the
> alphabet and if I scroll it heads towards the beginning, and finally the
> list ends with the directory folders. (Exactly opposite from what it is on
> all my other systems)
>
> It's really driving me nuts, and I can't find any help on the MS site.

Select view details in the dialog box, then click on the top
heading for the field which you would like to sort by:

    | NAME | SIZE | TYPE | MODIFIED |

And if the sort order is reversed then click again. This is
the same in any explorer window.

I hope this was what you were referring to.

Darren Moore

* To join or leave this list visit: